Olive oil is "Oil made from the fruits of the olive tree” (Olea europaea sativa).
Here there are different qualities of olive oil, depending basically on the raw material used and on the production system:
1) EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL: Olive oil with aroma and flavor must be faultless. Free acidity lower than 0.8º.
2) VIRGIN OLIVE OIL: Olive oil with flavor and aroma are acceptable. Free acidity lower than 2º. It allows for flaws.
3) OLIVE OIL "LAMPANTE": Inferior quality's Virgin Olive Oil. Free acidity higher than 2º. It is not fit for consumption. It is just allowed to use in a refinery.
1) OLIVE OIL: Oil chemically made with a percentage of Virgin Olive Oil (Non lampante) and refined Olive Oil.
2) ORUJO OLIVE OIL: It is refined Orujo Olive Oil and Virgin Olive (non Lampante) chemically mixed.
Extra Virgin Olive Oil is the one that gathers the best flavor and aroma conditions so is well known for it. Aroma and flavor of an Extra Virgin Olive Oil could be different depending on the Olive grove cultivation area, on the olive ripeness degree and the different olive varieties.
Quality in Extra Virgin Olive Oil depends mainly on the olive quality before being processed. In order to obtain good quality oil it is necessary to work with healthy recently harvested olives and pay special attention on the ripeness degree during the harvesting time.
“Oro Del Desierto” Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil is elaborated in the Tabernas's Desert. Due to the special climate conditions of this area, with 3000 sun hours per year, our Olive Oil has excellent organoleptic qualities, guaranteed by national and international prizes.
One bottle of "Oro del Desierto", contains Extra Virgin Olive Oil, elaborated with crafty care from selected olives, handpicked at them optimum point of ripeness.
Organic extra virgin olive oil "Oro Del Desierto" maximum free acidity is 0.1º, the lowest one in the market.
Free acidity is a well known chemical characteristic of the Olive Oil. Contrary to what might be thought, free acidity doesn't have to do with the flavor of Olive Oil. It is a chemical parameter which indicates the content of free oleic acid that contains Olive Oil. A low free acidity indicates freshness and good quality of Olive for Extra Virgin Olive Oil.