The company starts activity in 1999.
All the activities we carry out are environmentally friendly. Extra Virgin Olive Oil “Oro Del Desierto” comes from olives of organic cultivation and it is produced in a handmade way, with selected olives harvested by hand. Harvesting is carried out paying attention to the ripeness degree of the olives in
In the farm we use drip irrigation for the olive trees, as well we use organic fertilizers.
The farm is cultivated ridged, respecting vegetal cover and soil structure among the rows of the olive trees. As a consequence of this kind of management we avoid land disturbance and lost of soil due to hydric erosion as well we keep vegetal diversity of the area.
We also integrate cattle raising in our farm. The species chosen are the Andalusian hen that feeds the seeds of emergent vegetation of our property, as well as the sheep “segureña”. Both animal species are not harmful for the olive tree culture.
During the Olive Oil production process, solid waste material (Alpeorujo) is taken to a separator which separates it in Bone and Pulp. Bone is used as fuel in the Oil Mill's central Heating.
A percentage of the flesh is dried and used to feed the farm's sheep. The rest is mixed with animal droppings and organic matter giving way to compost which is added to fertilise the crop's soil.
Indeed, we are producing and excellent quality product taking maximum advantage of the natural resources and producing as minimum residues as possible.
The management project of our company has been chosen for the EQUAL program, which shows economic and environmentally sustainable examples of company management.
The company (located in an old Oil Mill from 1925) includes an Olive Oil Museum where is possible to see and understand the evolution of the Olive Oil productive process by three real size old Oil Mill and some scale models. There is also a restaurant where Organic Olive Oil as well as other typical products of our region are the prime attraction of the menu.
We have received importants awards and prizes by our company and our organic extra virgin olive oil. And several times the congratulation of the director of the Andalusia's alimentary laboratory because we have obtained the lowest acidity in the Spanish market, 0.07 in a complete lot of our olive oil.
It is important to point out that our Organic Olive Oil is successfully sold in France , Germany , Switzerland , Sweden , Holland , UK and we always are looking for new markets and costumers.
Throughout the experience in the organic olive grove culture, we always kept an attitude of perseverance regarding the latest innovation, which is captured:
- Compost contribution coming from the solid residual coming from the blended Olive Mill with sheep manure and organic matter, which is directly added to the olive tree (2 kg/sqm).
- Own, patented watering system that saves approximately 30% of water for fruit trees.This system consists of a draining pipe of 50 cm of depth and 11cm diameter in which we placed a dropper thus water evaporates in a smaller percentage due to the humid bulb is generated in depth, being contributed directly to the radicular system of the plant.
- Guano contribution by the irrigation system from a raft in which air is injected to develop the bacterial decomposition and it is filtered later on.
- Cattle raising integration to the agricultural activity (before commented).
This system has obtained a Prize of the desk of Technological Development 2003, The Investigation Echo-olive Award 2004 and the IX Andres Nuñez de Prado Research 2nd Price 2007.
- We actually have a collaboration project with the Almeria 's University, let vegetal yield department investigate and test in our farm new “saving water” irrigation systems and their application of sustainable cultures.
- 100% of the energy used by the company comes from Photovoltaic Systems with a new photovoltaic installation of 85Kwp, and 6kwp in the old roofs.
- The bone of the olive is used as fuel for the boiler so it provides us the thermal energy necessary for the productive process and for the heating of our restaurant.